What are the 10 WordPress Image Optimization Plugins for Every Blogger?9 December 2021
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a system of content management that is absolutely free-source and open. It has been paired with MariaDB for better functioning. It is the best way to create a website or blog.
WordPress can create and handle
literally any kind of website.
What are the special features of WordPress?
WordPress has a huge resource of plugins and themes that are special in making and modifying websites.
- Themes: they change the appearance of the website.
- Plugins: they change the performance of the website.
Through WordPress image optimization plugins, it is possible toimprove the appearance of the website and elevate the value of the brand. WordPress plugins for image optimization not only help in decoration of the page but also small images help in fast loading of the page.
10 Image Plugins on WordPress
WordPress image optimization plugins help in reducing the size of the image on the website. The task, if done manually, is time consuming. So it is better to use WordPress plugins for image optimization. We have listed for you 10 image plugins on WordPress.
i. Imagify: It is an important plugin that transforms a website into an image oriented website. This helps the page load fast and improves the glitches of the site and its performance.
Its features include:
- Supports PDF, GIF, JPG, PNG Formats.
- Keeps backup of the original photo.
- Both the free and paid version of the tool can be used.
Imagify provides three modes of
picture compression: Normal mode,
Aggressive mode and Ultra mode.
ii. ShortPixel Image Optimizer: It is one of the famous WordPress plugins for image optimization. It is a WordPress image optimization plugin that can be used by at least 30,000 users.
The features are:
- It saves the original files.
- Both free and paid versions are available.
- Supports PDF, PNG, JPG and GIF.
iii. EWWW Image Optimizer: This is a lightweight WordPress image optimization plugin.
Its special features are:
- It allows optimization of images in bulk.
- It supports PDF, PNG, GIF and JPG.
- The image files can be compressed to any wanted size.
EWWWW image optimizer adds missing dimensions to the images. It has almost
one million active users.
iv. reSmush.it: If you are looking for WordPress plugins for image optimization, reSmush.it is the best option. Its features include:
- Supports PDF, PNG, GIF, JPG.
- It helps in optimizing images in bulk.
- It concentrates on images below 5mb.
- The image files can be compressed as per need.
v. Smush Image Compression and Optimization: By now, you have understood that Smush is the best tool people prefer as a WordPress plugin for image optimization.
Its features are:
- It has more than one million users.
- It has a beautiful way of presentation.
- It has two modes of optimization.
- It loads images in a lazy manner.
Smush has a beautiful looking
vi. Optimale: This is one of the popular WordPress plugins for image optimization. Its special features include:
- It helps to do away with bulky images.
- It helps in fast loading of the webpage.
- It preserves the quality of the image.
- JPG and PNG files are easily compressed.
vii. TinyPNG: This is the best WordPress image optimization plugin and helps to compress JPG and PNG files. The features are:
- There is no size limit of the images.
- It can work for several users at a single time.
- It has only one API key.
viii. WP Compress: It is a unique WordPress image optimization plugin. Its features are:
- Client reporting, remote configuration, monthly client quotas.
- It has a lazy speed of uploading.
- It has CDN with a speed faster than light.
- Both free and paid version are available.
WP Compress helps to convert
images in the WebP, which is a
ix. Optimus: This also is one of the best WordPress image optimization plugin. The features are:
- It reduces the image size by 70%.
- It helps in optimizing images automatically during the time of upload.
- It is partnered with WooCommerce.
x. ImSanity: It is one of the best WordPress image optimization plugin. The features are:
- It is a lightweight tool.
- It removes or keeps original images.
- It auto-optimized images during upload.
Read Also: How to fix 6 Common WordPress Errors
Disadvantages of WordPress image optimizers
Gone are the days of manual optimisation. Image optimising has become very easy and user friendly with the use of WordPress image optimization plugin. However it is better not to use more than one WordPress plugin for image optimization. It can give rise to unprecedented events. It is better to use these tools wisely.
There are plenty of tools of image optimization in WordPress. Some of them are: TinyPNG, Optimale, ImSanity, Optimus.
It is very easy to optimize images on WordPress.
● Keep the image size below 200kb.
● Keep the format JPG/PNG.
● Choose the mode of optimization (lossy/lossless)
● This will compress the size of the image and increase the speed of the page loading.
There are several many apps and tools to optimize images on WordPress for free. There are free tools like Optimale, ImSanity, Optimus, Optimale, EWWWW Image optimizer. There are many others.
If you don’t want to use images in WordPress manually.